The Savage Historical Society is available to the general public for historical research on the history of Savage, Maryland.
The mission of the Savage Historical Society is to actively pursue the preservation of Savage’s historical and cultural heritage and to increase public awareness and appreciation of our non-renewable resources.
- Encourage preservation of sites and structures that serve as significant visible reminders of Savage’s history and heritage.
- Promote public awareness and appreciation of Savage’s non-renewable resources.
- Recommend public policy to enhance and protect existing Savage historic sites.
- Promote adaptive reuse of structures and other economically feasible methods of preserving and maintaining Savage’s historic sites.
- Maintain and strengthen public and private historic preservation awareness.
Join us to explore old Savage and learn about an old mill town and its role in Maryland’s history. Our society is open to anyone who supports our objectives. Minimal yearly dues support administrative costs. Please call the secretary at (301)725-1241 for membership information.
First Tuesday of each month, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m., UMC Savage Faith & Ministry Center unless publicized otherwise
Third Monday of each month, September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and May, 7:00 p.m., UMC Savage Faith & Ministry Center unless publicized otherwise
The general public can purchase items such as calendars and other memorabilia related to Savage history. For more information, call the secretary at (301)725-1241.